Friday, October 6, 2017

Walking Girl Animation

Overview

To start this project, we first had to draw a character on paper, then scan it and upload it to Photoshop. After that, I traced it and divided it into sections (head, body, arm one, arm two, leg one, leg two). I finished coloring it in, then I uploaded it to After Effects. I then parented all the body parts to the actual body, so they would stay on the body. To move the legs, I had to put key points at every moment the legs were moving, same with the arms. After everything was moving, I had to put it into a pre-composition. I added a null object layer to make it move across the screen. After I finished, I rendered it out.

What I Learned

During this project, I learned a few things. First, that to easily move the object across the screen, I just needed to add a null object, instead of moving it with key points. I also learned how to easily access the layer options without having to click transform everything; there are short cuts with the keys.

Things That Went Well

A few things that went well are the actual movement of the arms and legs. I hope to improve the actual drawing aspect. Also, moving it across the screen, I wish I did not rush as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment